Reservations & Cancellations
1. Minimum Age and Identification
– The booking customer must be at least 18 years old to check in at L’Alcôve.
– We reserve the right to confirm your identity by verifying your government issued photo ID upon arrival.
2. Maximum Occupancy – Ancestral Loft
– Most rates include accommodations for 2 guests (2 years and older).
– Depending on the rate available, an additional charge per day is made for each additional person (adult or child).
– Maximum occupancy is 4 people (ages 2 and up).
– If you are a family of 5, please check if we can make special arrangements for an additional child (age 2 and up) before completing your reservation. If available, additional fees apply.
3. Guaranteed Reservations
All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid credit card in the client’s name. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover.
– If you make a reservation at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
No charge will be made.
If you make a reservation less than 72 hours prior to arrival.
Your card will be charged the full amount of your stay (including all applicable taxes).
4. Full payment 72 hours prior to arrival
If you have made a reservation with us, 72 hours prior to your arrival, we will charge your card for the full amount of your stay.
If we are unable to do so, your reservation will be automatically cancelled.
You may cancel your reservation without penalty up to 72 hours prior to your arrival.
Since your stay is billed 72 hours prior to arrival, all reservations become non-refundable after this time.
No partial refunds or credits will be given if you leave L’Alcôve before your scheduled departure date.
6. Check-in and Access
– Check-in time is 4pm.
You may be able to arrive earlier depending on availability.
If you need guaranteed early check-in, check with us the day before. If available, additional charges will apply.
If you plan to arrive after 10pm, please inform us in advance.
Once we have received payment and prior to your arrival day, you will receive instructions on how to arrive and digital access to your loft.
– Registration and pre-authorization
Upon arrival, you will check in and pre-authorize a credit card for CAD$230.
7. Check-out Time
– The departure time is noon.
If you require a late check-out, please inform us prior to your arrival.
IF AVAILABLE, you have.
– Late check out (until 3pm) CAD$30 pls txs
– Very late check out (up to 6pm) CAD$50 pls txs
– Early departure
If you need to leave before the scheduled departure date, no partial refund or credit will be given.
All our rates are quoted in Canadian dollars and exclude taxes (GST 5%, QST 9.975% and accommodation tax 3.5%). When you create your reservation, the taxes are shown in the process.
House rules are part of the reservation and accommodation agreement with you. We want you to enjoy your stay to the fullest. Adhering a a few rules will make life easier for all of us.
1. 100% Smoke Free
We are 100 % Smoke Free indoors and outdoors, This includes all tobacco, cigars, marijuana (including medical marijuana), illegal drugs, e-cigarettes and vaping. We also ask you to avoid diffusing strong-smelling essential oils or similar products.
2. No Pets Allowed
You are not allowed to keep any pets on the property (indoors or outdoors).
3. Facilities for guests with reduced mobility
Our property is not adapted and equipped to host guests with reduced mobility. Your loft is on the 2nd floor and only accessible through stairs.
We are happy to welcome children, but our 1834 home is not adapted to host young children.
– Babies (0 – 2) – We do not have equipment specifically for babies (crib, cots, changing tables, etc.)
– Children & Teens (2 – 17) – Your Loft is not toddler-proof. Our stairs & cabinets are not locked to prevent access.
You are not expected to leave children unattended in the Loft, nor let them roam freely outdoors.
5. Quiet Hours & Neighborhood
– Hours between 10p and 8a are considered quiet hours.
We ask you to keep voices, music and other devices to a respectful level.
This applies both indoors and outdoors, as neighbors also deserve a peaceful night’s sleep.
– Parties and large gatherings are strictly forbidden.
7. Visitors & Friends
– You are allowed to a maximum of 4 additional visitors to the loft at any time during your stay.
– You’ll have to let us know in advance who your visitors are and when they are coming.
– Visitors have to leave the property by 10p at the latest and are not allowed to stay overnight.
8. Security & Safety
– Closed Windows and Locked Doors. It is your responsibility to close your windows and lock your doors when you leave your loft.
– Smoke/CO Detector & Fire Estinguisher. Your loft is equipped with them to keep you safe.
– If an emergency arises, please let us know and call 911 when required.
9. Use of your facilities
Our 1834 home is like an old lady, it requires some special attention.
A few non-nonsense guidelines.
Your loft is equipped with heating and air conditioning.
For an optimal experience, we recommend that you keep the thermostat at:
– 22-24 C for cooling
– 19-21 C for heating
b. Kitchen, Laundry & Bathroom
– Do not leave any cooking appliance (range, oven, microwave, etc.) unattended while cooking.
– Turn on the kitchen extractor fan and ventilate while & after cooking as required.
– Do not throw any food scraps or solid matter down the drain in the kitchen sink, use the garbage.
– Do not underload or overload the washer & dryer.
– Other then toilet paper, do not flush of any objects (garbage, sanitary products, etc.) down the toilet.
KEEPING DRAINS free of foreign objects is specially important in this historic house, we thank you for your cooperation.
c. Garbage & Recycling
– Please dispose of garbage and and recycling in the proper containers.
d. Cleanup before checkout
– To facilitate your checkout,
– Wash the dishes.
– Return all kitchen items (utensils, etc.) to where you originally found them
– Please remove and take out your garbage and recycling outside in the bins for collection
While we strive to provide you with a spotless accommodation for your arrival
– we do not provide housekeeping during your stay
– you will find cleaning products (kitchen, bathroom & general), should you require them.
Let us know if some cleaning products need restocking or if any equipment is not properly functioning.
We reserve the right to access your loft during your stay if required (maintenance, supplies, emergency), we’ll strive to do this reasonably and to advise you beforehand.
11. Towels, Linens & Toiletries
On your arrival, you are provided with clean towels, linen and toiletries
– We replace towels every 2 days
– We replace linens once a week.
– We restock toiletries as required.
Our towels are not meant to be taken to the beach.
12. Bicycles, Skateboards, Rollerblades, Hoverboards, Skis & other equipment.
Please do bring bycicles into the loft.
– Bicycles and sports equipment can be kept in the veranda.
You will have a card to access WIFI for free once you arrive
You have one free outdoor parking spot reserved for your use while staying at L’Alcôve.
15. Damage, theft & special fees
We strive to engage with honest hosts, but accidents do happen. If you notice a breakage, please inform us immediately and before you leave.
We reserve the right to evict you without refund if you do not comply with the stated rules.
We reserve the right to charge a fee of CAD$200 plus tx in addition to assessing damage and replacement costs for the following typical reasons
- Damaged and/or stolen items-
- Failure to maintain a smoke-free environment and the presence of animals
- Failure to keep drains clear of garbage
- Lack of basic cleaning before departure
We consider all information about you and your reservation to be confidential. Your right to privacy is important to us and we will not disclose any personal information to other third parties.
We need the following information to process your reservation:
- Your name (first and last name).
- We may also ask you for the names of all guests.
- Your address (street, city, postal code and country)
- Your email address
- Your cell phone number
You will need to enter your credit card information (number, expiration date and CVV) to confirm your reservation. However, we do not store this information on our servers.